One of the biggest decisions you have to make is who will marry the two of you. The answer depends on what you're looking for! If you want a traditional ceremony in a church, reach out to your family minister. If you're looking for something different or unique, you've come to the right place!

Select Entertainment has 2 officiants on staff who can help make your ceremony uniquely yours. As non-denominational ministers, we are not bound by any church rules or regulations. There is nothing we have to include in your ceremony and there is nothing we can't include.

We will work with you to create your perfect ceremony. We'll take the time to get to know the two of you and create the ceremony of your dreams. Whether you're looking for something traditional, non-religious, fun, or quirky, we'll work with the two of you to create it and then make sure it goes perfectly on your big day.

You'll have complete and total control over your ceremony! Some clients are happy with one of our standard ceremonies, others prefer to tweak a standard ceremony to meet their needs, and some clients prefer starting from scratch. It's up to you! You have the opportunity to be as involved or uninvolved in the creation of your ceremony as you'd like!

You shouldn't have to settle for a 'cookie cutter' wedding ceremony; your ceremony should be as unique as the two of you and as special as the love you share. We'll work with you to create that perfect ceremony whether it's religious, non-religious, wacky, traditional or something in between.

Wedding License Information
If you want to get married, you’ll need a marriage license.
  1. Marriages in Iowa are between 2 people who are (1) 18 years of age and older; (2) not already or still legally married to someone else or each other; (3) not closely related by blood or first cousins; and (4) legally competent to enter into a civil contract.
  2. Minors. Persons aged 16 and 17 may only marry with special permission from a judge and should request a "Consent to Marriage of a Minor" form when making application for their marriage license (At least one parent or guardian must sign the consent form). Complete the form and present it to a judge within the same judicial district as the county in which you wish your license issued. The Clerk of District Court office can provide additional information. Return the signed form in order to complete the marriage application process.
  3. To apply for a marriage license the couple intending to marry and one witness (someone that’s acquainted with the couple and is 18 or older) must come into the office and fill out the application. The applicants and witness must have a photo I.D. The fee is $35.00.

The license does not expire unless it is not retrieved from the County Registrar within six months from the date of application, the application is then considered null and void.

If you can not get down to the Country Registrar to get the application for your license, you can print it here. This form must be completed and signed before an authorized notary public.

Check Availability
Select the date of your event. Then click on the "check availability" button to see if we are available on that date.